[Nhhoa] NHHOA Financial Statements

NHHOA Treasurer treasurer at nhhoa.org
Wed Jul 25 11:15:30 CDT 2007

The NHHOA financial statements through June are now posted on the website
<http://nhhoa.org/>  in the "Members Only" area.

Just a note to let everyone know that I have had to reclassify some
expenses, and they will be reflected on the July Income statement.  It was
necessary to reclassify the expenses due to the fact that for years the
accounting was simply done in Quicken, which amounted to keeping a running
check register.  I have reviewed all of the 2007 expenses and found several
that were posted in Quicken to the wrong accounts and several checks that
were written in 2007 that were for 2006 expenses.

The reason that the expenses were not correctly shown on the Jan thru June
statements was that I simply picked up the numbers from Quicken through June
2007 so I could get an idea of where we were financially.  In July, I have
been going back through every 2007 transaction to ensure that they were
posted and classified properly and making general journal entries in July in
order to reflect the proper accounting of the transactions.

Thanks for your patience as I continue to work through the books.

Roger L. Hackler
Treasurer
North Hampton Homeowners Association, Inc.