[Nhhoa] Excuse me

Walker Owen walker.owen at fedex.com
Tue Jun 3 22:21:02 CDT 2014

I responded in the manner I did because of the combative nature of your post to the message board. Was it unprofessional, yes, am I sorry, no.
Had you simply asked or stated the pool is closed, what's wrong?  The pool is closed is there something I can do to help get it back in service?
I would have responded, when time permitted. Admittedly you caught me on a very hectic day @ work, as I mentioned in my sarcastic response. I could have cared less if the pool was closed for a day or a week @ that time as my primary responsibility was for my employer, not the HOA.

To some of the other posts regarding communication. There was a time when we sent out quarterly newsletters, special mailings about proposed covenant changes and emails, there were even monthly meetings (no one other than the board ever showed up) The response was mostly negative originally because most thought the board was "power hungry " trying to change the bylaws to allow better enforcement of violations and particularly limit rental properties. Now you look around the neighborhood and see why that was necessary, as it declines.
The last three years, the newsletters and packets for the annual meeting had ‎paragraphs about the boards consideration of engaging a Management company. One meeting had no one outside of the board show up, the other two had less than five homeowners.
We basically grew weary of the lack of interest and decided to to the best we could.‎ You were correct in your assumption that I don't have time for this anymore. If it was not for my wife doing 90% of the work for me it would be even worse. I'm not going to leave the other board members hanging by quitting. Until someone else steps up I will do the best I can with the time I have to devote to it.