[Nhhoa] friends at the pool

p.a.t.t.y at comcast.net p.a.t.t.y at comcast.net
Mon Jun 29 12:44:30 CDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "DANIEL MCCOY" <dmccoy1957 at bellsouth.net>
To: nhhoa at nhhoa.org
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2009 1:11:23 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [Nhhoa] friends at the pool

     Today at the pool a young man brought friends to the pool.  I often have guests.  I did not say a word until one dived into the pool.  They almost hit us.  Then I said to Mark this is a HOA pool and we all pay to swim in the pool.  We are very liberal with guests, but we have rules for us and our guests. I was so nice when I told Mark this and this was after they had been running and diving and doing crazy tricks into the pool.  The guest went over to the rules on the wall and started mouthing off I don't like this rule or this rule, until he had went through all the rules on the wall.  Mark's other guest said,''This is a free country.'  The girl did not even wear a swimsuit she jumped in with shorts and a tee shirt.  I told Mark you do know there is a camera on the pool at all times.  He said that he knew this and the neighbor in the house across the street from him was the one with the camera.  I know Mark had the right to bring friends, but anyone who comes into the pool with you is your responsibility.  The young people with him were rude and getting confrontational with me, so we left.  I was there with young children.  Has anyone else ran into this problem?  I have been at the pool with teenagers many times and never had this problem.  This is private property and we have the rights to rules and to feel safe in our own neighborhood.  Mark lives off North Hampton Drive right by the pool.  I have seen him there many times and never had a problem before.