[Nhhoa] IMPORTANT! Covenants and By-Laws

NHHOA Treasurer treasurer at nhhoa.org
Wed Oct 22 18:00:58 CDT 2008

Kimberly is waiting for the final draft to back from the attorneys, which is
supposed to be here on Friday.

I will email them to everyone on the mailing list, post them in the "Members
Only" area of the website, and of course have some hard copies available at
the meetings.

The next step is to schedule open meetings, across a couple of weeks to
accommodate folks schedules to answer questions.

We can't afford the copy expense and mailing expense to send the drafts out,
but I will make them available any way I can.

Once the open meetings and review is completed, back to the attorney for the
Final version, and copies along with ballot forms will be mailed to each
homeowner.

There will be a voting period, with each ballot received entered into a
drawing for a $100.00 gift card.  The gift card will be awarded at the end
of the voting period.

With all of that being said, I would like to ask each and every one of you
reading this to ask your neighbors on each side of you to take a moment and
go on to the website and complete the survey.  Please explain to them what
the HOA is doing and that the board really wants their open, honest
feedback.  Have them call me if they don't have internet access and I'll ask
them the questions from the survey.  I will do whatever it takes.

As I said earlier, we have paid our attorneys $1500.00 to do the legal work.
It takes 87 homes to pass the changes.   That means that if we only get
vote, then it doesn't pass and everything remains just as it is now.  Voting
is important, and the feedback and input from the neighborhood is more
important!

I personally think that the new documents (covenants and by-laws) are a
great improvement over what we have now.  8 homeowners, 150 man hours, and a
lot of very emotional conversations lead to the draft.

Please take a few minutes and make your voices heard.

Roger Hackler

Board member, Treasurer, Interim Secretary, and Webmaster

North Hampton Homeowners Association

PS - if you didn't notice the signature line - we sure could use some help!
Please volunteer for YOUR neighborhood!