[Nhhoa] 2008 Annual Budget & Assessmsnt

terry simonson tksimonson at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 09:29:57 CST 2008

Roger,
  Zip code listed in your e-mail is for White not Cartersville

NHHOA Treasurer <treasurer at nhhoa.org> wrote:
  Janie:

That's a good question! Thanks for asking it in our open forum!

>From the assessment letter in the 2008 annual budget package "The assessment
period is from January 1, 2008 through December 31, 2008, and is due in full
by January 31st, 2008. Assessments not received in full by March 2nd, 2008
will be turned over for collections."

The basis for that statement comes from our Governing Documents,
specifically Article 5, Section 6 of the Declaration of Covenants, which can
be found on the NHHOA website at the following link:
http://www.nhhoa.org/documents/North%20Hampton%20Covenants.pdf

According to Section 6 of Article 5 of the Declaration of Covenants: "The
Associations Board of Directors shall send written notice of the annual
assessment and the amount of such assessment to every member subject thereto
at least thirty (30) days in advance of each annual assessment. Unless
otherwise provided by the Association's Board of Directors, the entire
amount of the annual assessment for each Residential Unit shall become due
and payable to the association on the 31st day of January of each year and
shall be paid to the Association without further notice from the
Association; provided, that however in the event the Board of Directors
shall fail to send written notice of the annual assessment to members at
least thirty (30) days prior to the annual assessment period, the payment
for the annual assessment shall not be due until thirty (30) days after such
notice is given. The failure to notify thirty (30) days prior to the annual
assessment period shall not, however, reduce the amount of the assessment
due and payable.

Notices were mailed on December 22nd, 2008.

So, with all of that being said, the actual due date is January 31st. There
is a 30 day grace period as outlined in the Assessment letter (February 1 -
March 1) without penalty. However, assessments not received in full by
March 2nd, 2008 will be turned over to our attorneys for collections.

Just a reminder, there was a typo on the return address for the association.
The correct mailing address for the Assessments is:

North Hampton Homeowners Association
PO Box 3907
Cartersville, GA 30184

I hope that answers your question. If I can provide any more information,
please do not hesitate to ask.

Roger Hackler
Treasurer
North Hampton Homeowners Association, Inc.