[Nhhoa] Covenants Survey Results

NHHOA Treasurer treasurer at nhhoa.org
Sun Nov 2 05:37:43 CST 2008

On behalf of the Board of Directors of the North Hampton Homeowners
Association, I would like to thank everyone who took the time to participate
in the covenants survey conducted during October 2008.  Your input is
invaluable and is greatly appreciated.

survey results with other list members and the BOD if you would like.  The
ground rules for discussion are:

1.  Reflect, Respect, then Respond (the 3 Rs) - Each and everyone is
entitled to their opinion.  Please respect their opinion, and reflect on
their opinion before you respond.

2.  Do not make it personal.  Remember the 3 R's above.  "Hard on the facts,
easy on the people".

3.   Personal attacks will not be tolerated - period.  If there is a need to
address someone personally, please do it off the list (I.e. call them, meet
with them, or email them).  The BOD welcomes your direct input.

4.  Remember the purpose of the discussion - to discuss proposed changes to
the covenants in order to protect our property values, and make our
neighborhood even a greater place to live.

Once again, thanks to all who took the time to participate

1. Are you aware that the North Hampton Homeowners Association is in the
process of re-writing the Covenants and By-Laws to go to the homeowners for
voting on approval?

Response
Percent

Response
Count

Yes

http://www.surveymonkey.com/images/t.gif

95.5%

42

No

http://www.surveymonkey.com/images/t.gif

4.5%

2

answered question

44

skipped question

2. Are you aware of the "Georgia Property Owners Act"?

Response
Percent

Response
Count

Yes

http://www.surveymonkey.com/images/t.gif

57.8%

26

No

http://www.surveymonkey.com/images/t.gif

42.2%

19

answered question

45

skipped question

0

3. Have you visited the North Hampton Website (http://nhhoa.org) and read
the full text or overview of the Georgia Property Owners Act?

Response
Percent

Response
Count

Yes

http://www.surveymonkey.com/images/t.gif

37.8%

17

No

http://www.surveymonkey.com/images/t.gif

62.2%

28

answered question

45

skipped question

0

4. Are you aware that you personally, as an individual homeowner, can be
sued if a suit is brought against the Association and the amount of the suit
exceeds the associations Liability Insurance limits?

Response
Percent

Response
Count

Yes

http://www.surveymonkey.com/images/t.gif

68.9%

31

No

http://www.surveymonkey.com/images/t.gif

31.1%

14

answered question

45

skipped question

0

5. Are you aware that an Association that has elected to be covered by the
Georgia Property Owners Act may be sued, but the individual homeowners may
not be sued for acts or omissions of the Association?

Response
Percent

Response
Count

Yes

http://www.surveymonkey.com/images/t.gif

53.3%

24

No

http://www.surveymonkey.com/images/t.gif

46.7%

21

answered question

45

skipped question

6. How important is the following item to you to be included in the
Covenants?

Extremely Important

Important

Average

Slightly Not Important

Extremely Not Important

Rating
Average

Response
Count

Ability of the Homeowners Association to clean up property that is in
disrepair, after all efforts have been exhausted to get the homeowner to do
it?

64.4% (29)

26.7% (12)

8.9% (4)

0.0% (0)

0.0% (0)

1.44

45

Comment

4

answered question

45

skipped question

 Comment Text for question 6

Response Date

 1.

We have a real nice neighborhood, lets keep it that way.

 Wed, 10/29/08 9:31 AM

 2.

What is considered as "exhausted efforts?"

 Wed, 10/29/08 7:04 AM

 3.

Abandoned home or one still occupied?

 Thu, 10/16/08 6:10 PM

 4.

24 North Hampton Dr

 Thu, 10/16/08 12:02 PM

7. How important to you is the following item be included in the Covenants?

Extremely Important

Somewhat Important

Average

Somewhat Not Important

Extremely Not Important

Rating
Average

Response
Count

Recreational Facilities (Pool, Clubhouse) be restricted for use by members
of the association and their Guests only?

88.9% (40)

4.4% (2)

4.4% (2)

2.2% (1)

0.0% (0)

1.20

45

Comments

6

answered question

45

skipped question

 Comment Text for question 7

Response Date

 1.

Do not use Rec. Fac. but they belong to the home owners.

 Wed, 10/29/08 9:31 AM

 2.

unless someone outside the association pays a deposit

 Wed, 10/29/08 7:04 AM

 3.

My dues are for this and maintaining common area

 Mon, 10/27/08 6:42 AM

 4.

I witnessed this summer that someone was using our tennis courts that had
not been invited by a resident. We need a code lock on that area also.

 Sun, 10/26/08 7:55 AM

 5.

I'm tired of people outside the subdivision using our pool without members
being present.

 Wed, 10/22/08 11:46 AM

 6.

Already existing?

 Tue, 10/21/08 11:02 AM

8. How important is it to you that the following item be included in the
Covenants?

Extremely Important

Somewhat Important

Average

Somewhat Unimportant

Extremely Unimportant

Rating
Average

Response
Count

A section that defines that the Annual Budget be presented to the
association by December 1st; that the annual assessment bill be presented to
the members by January 2nd, that the annual assessment is not due until
January 31st, and that the no liens or collection actions will take place
until March 1st?

53.3% (24)

26.7% (12)

17.8% (8)

0.0% (0)

2.2% (1)

1.71

45

Comments

1

answered question

45

skipped question

0

 Comment Text for question 8

Response Date

 1.

Not sure I know enough about this to have an opinion.

 Thu, 10/16/08 6:10 PM

9. Some people believe that having a high number of leased homes in a
neighborhood makes the property values decrease. How important is it to you
that the covenants include a section that:

Extremely Important

Somewhat Important

Average

Somewhat Unimportant

Extremely Unimportant

Rating
Average

Response
Count

Limits the number of homes that are allowed to be leased in the neighborhood
to 10 homes?

57.1% (24)

19.0% (8)

7.1% (3)

7.1% (3)

9.5% (4)

1.93

42

That allows the board to approve additional leases above 10 homes if the
homeowner can justify an exceptional circumstance?

55.3% (21)

15.8% (6)

21.1% (8)

0.0% (0)

7.9% (3)

1.89

38

That leases may not be "short Term" (under a year)

65.0% (26)

22.5% (9)

5.0% (2)

2.5% (1)

5.0% (2)

1.60

40

Comments

9

answered question

45

skipped question

0

 Comment Text for question 9

Response Date

 1.

The Home Owner is responsible for the property. He should be held
accountable for meeting the covenants. The ten homes or ten percent with a
one year or more lease is a must.

 Wed, 10/29/08 9:31 AM

 2.

anyone leasing must abide by the same rules as homeowners.

 Wed, 10/29/08 7:04 AM

 3.

The board has no business telling anyone what they can do on this issue.

 Mon, 10/27/08 6:42 AM

 4.

I personally think 10 homes is way too much to be leased in here and that
amount should at 3%. It does bring down the neighborhood with more leased
homes.

 Sun, 10/26/08 7:55 AM

 5.

Difficult to enforce when circumstances change for owners (transfers,
finances, etc)

 Tue, 10/21/08 11:02 AM

 6.

I would like to see even less than 10 normally to reserve room for the
exceptional circumstance.

 Tue, 10/21/08 9:00 AM

 7.

10 leased homes is too many! I would like it limited to 5 with board
approval required for the purpose of ensuring the owner and tennants are
aware of the covenents and enforcement procedures,

 Mon, 10/20/08 9:06 AM

 8.

With the real estate conditions the way they are now, I don't believe we
should be able to tell someone they cannot lease their home. A foreclosure
will affect the value of our homes much more than a lease.

 Fri, 10/17/08 5:29 AM

 9.

Feel this oversteps our rights somewhat and gives undue control over our
property.

 Thu, 10/16/08 6:10 PM

10. When the covenants and by-laws are prepared and ready for presentation
to the neighborhood for voting, The board is considering having a series of
meetings for Questions and answers. Would you be interested in attending?

Response
Percent

Response
Count

Yes, I would definitely attend

http://www.surveymonkey.com/images/t.gif

54.5%

24

I might attend

http://www.surveymonkey.com/images/t.gif

38.6%

17

No, I definitely would not attend

http://www.surveymonkey.com/images/t.gif

6.8%

3

Other (please specify)

3

answered question

44

skipped question

1

 Comment Text

Response Date

 1.

We will do our best to attend the meetings

 Sun, 10/26/08 7:55 AM

 2.

I would want to attend, my schedule, however, may or may not allow it.

 Sat, 10/18/08 1:37 PM

 3.

Depends on my health condition at the time

 Fri, 10/17/08 5:29 AM

During the time this survey was running, a great deal of hits occurred on
the Property Owners Act document posted on the website:

POA Views

Viewed

Average size

Entry