[Nhhoa] Pool is OPEN!!!

NHHOA President - Amy Figueras President at NHHOA.org
Fri May 2 21:55:16 CDT 2008

Fellow homeowners,

We have GREAT news to report!

Over the weekend, I received return calls from three pool maintenance
companies and got their bids.  All were wonderful to work with.

The Board and Amenities Chair met and reviewed the 3 bids on Sunday
evening.  Together, we selected Crystal Clear Pool Service.  They've
been here every day since and are meticulous in their work.  We are
very pleased with them and we have confidence that they will provide
exceptional service.  I have to give the accolades to our new pool
company; it's because of their rearranging their schedule to meet our
short notice that we have such good news to report...

The Health Department came to do our inspection yesterday and the
Inspector gave us compliments of "great, fabulous, and perfect"
throughout the inspection.  So, the pool is officially approved to
open - and a day early!

Just so everyone is aware, the new pebble surface will be in its
final curing stages for 3 more weeks.  To assist the curing process,
we'll be treating our pool with the chlorine system instead of the
salt system.  At the end of the curing period we'll transition to the
salt system.  There's no difference in safety of the water, just a
different water treatment method.

In addition, throughout the swimming season, Crystal Clear Pools
along with trained neighborhood volunteers will be testing the
chemicals daily using a state approved test kit we purchased ($40)
and will write these results on a chemical log we'll post outside the
clubhouse for your comfort to know that all is well.

Also, the pool heater is on and the water temperature is very
nice.  As a reminder, please do not adjust the temperature, it needs
to stay between 6 & 7.  If left alone, the heater can efficiently do
its job and not get over worked.

This great news would not be possible if it weren't for the wonderful
neighbors who have volunteered, worked together and given 110% to
this project:

Walker Owen, Amenities Chair has jumped in with both feet to get us
ready.  He has:
    * installed a new outdoor water fountain (the existing unit was
in disrepair),
    * installed the motion sensing light switches in the restrooms,
    * changed the gate & restroom codes,
    * installed commercial grade soap, towel, and toilet paper
dispensers and air fresheners in the restrooms
    * repaired the men's restroom door closer
    * maintained the pool gate door closer
    * procured & installed umbrellas for the tables at the pool
    * procured additional lounge chairs
    * procured all required safety equipment, including a new first aid kit.
    * cleaned the pump room
    * and he is currently working on the night time lighting and
completing the installation of a tankless hot water heater
Pat Crawford, who lives next to the pool, allowed us to connect to
her hose to fill the pool in half the time (we'll pay for the water).

Melissa Jackson did a very detailed sanitizing and cleaning of our
restrooms and clubhouse - HOURS of labor.   She also procured new
trash cans and cleaning supplies for our restrooms.  We're discussing
contracting her to continue cleaning throughout the season.

Melissa spent Thursday sanitizing and cleaning all the existing pool
chairs. They look brand new!  Shannon Owen and Melissa also unpacked
the new lounge chairs upon delivery. Upon completion of these two
tasks Melissa and Shannon set the seating up uniformly around the
pool.  It looks great!

Melissa solicited donations of artificial trees, greenery and framed
art for the restrooms and clubhouse, which were donated by herself,
Shannon Owen, and Kimberly Hackler.  Valerie Cohen donated new
curtains for our clubhouse earlier this year.

Shannon and Melissa have also set the seating and tables up inside
the clubhouse, preparing for our annual meeting.

All of this hard work and the generous donations of items and time
for the pool, clubhouse and restrooms reflects the caliber of this
neighborhood and it's people.

I am personally very grateful for this team and know that the Board
is as well.

Together, we are all very pleased to report this great news and hope
to see you at the pool this season!

Sincerely,

Amy Figueras
President