[Nhhoa] Mortar firecrackers in mailboxes

NHHOA President - Amy Figueras President at NHHOA.org
Sat Mar 22 08:51:25 CDT 2008

This morning my husband discovered that a mortar firecracker had been
set off in our mailbox during the night.

As he was driving out of the neighborhood, he noticed one or two more
mailboxes that were open with firecracker remains (without actively
looking for them), and there may be more.

My first thought is this is an immature response to our setting up
the neighborhood watch... all the more reason to do so.

I know it occurred after 1 AM and probably after 3 AM when I went to
sleep, assuming one would hear a mortar firecracker exploding in your mailbox.

My husband being a Juvenile Probation Officer doesn't take this too
lightly, to say the least.  Perpetrators beware.

The Bartow County police are on their way to make a report and gather
as much information as possible.

If anyone has any information on this or if your mailbox was
targeted, please reply to all.

Thanks,
Amy Figueras
Neighbor and President, NHHOA