[Nhhoa] Outside pool visitors

dmccoy1957 at bellsouth.net dmccoy1957 at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 3 17:43:43 CDT 2008

I too am sadden and upset that I have to spend 15 minutes deleting e-mails on this subject. If you don't feel the pool is safe, then spend a formal complaint to the HOA via mail or keep a log and spend it.  We understand your safety concerns.    My neighbors next door have their own pool, sounds like a good ideal for some of you. As far as limiting the number of guest, we often have our extended family visit from out of town. Am I supposed to decide which family member I am going to carry to the pool with me? Give me a Break!! As far as the Cards, it is a good ideal and who cares if the family has two cards. Often, one of us will be at the pool and the other will come later.
More people are staying home because it cost so much to go somewhere else, so there are more people at the pool.  Also, the "kid population" in our neighborhood is growing older, just as the neighborhood itself is. There are more teenagers and less toddlers at the pool. I find it admirable for the parent to come to the pool with the teenager and their friends.  I know there are some responsibile teenagers in this neighborhood who take younger brothers and sisters to the pool and do a fantastic job.  That is great too!
I also feel that as a grandparent, it is my responsibility to monitor and watch my grandchildren, not the other neighbors. If you have an issue with them, see me and I will handle it.   I also know this is a great neighborhood with some great neighbors.  We often know each other out of the neighborhood.  We see each other at school, jobs in the community, the gym and childrens sporting events.  My wife, myself and my daughter really like many of the people in this community.  If you do not know your neighbors get out in the community Cartersville and White you will see many of your neighbors in the community volunteering or going church or working.  The cards would cut down on outsiders uninvited by residents getting into the pool.  The code can easy slip from one person to other, even by accident.  I like the area and the people.   I know many lifelong residents in this area outside the subdivision.  I hope we see more positive things about our community and less negative.  I will
 start I love seeing the residents young or old walking the neighborhood with or without their pets and I am glad we are small enough to know most people by sight and enjoy most people waving hello when you drive pass them.
-------------- Original message from rwegowan at bellsouth.net: --------------

I do agree with you that this is sad, but as I once again attempt to wade through this electronic minefield of spite and vindictiveness  I am no longer  certain I can agree with your assessment of North Hampton as a "great community".

-------------- Original message from manfredmartin at comcast.net: --------------

Hey Roger, I think it is just a case of lack of respect for others, and the North Hampton home owners responsible for abusing the system are showing exactly that, lack of respect. I think the only method that will make people like that take notice is to have stricter rules, like one guest per home owner and a fine for abusing the system, which unfortunately will make it tough on all those people who always do the right thing by their neighbors. Updating the lock mechanism, no matter how hi-tec, will not discourage anyone from abusing the system and the expense, we have to wear that too.

It's sad to see this happening in a great community like ours, but we can't just stand by and be taken advantage off.            More ideas??            Fred Martin

From: treasurer at nhhoa.org

> One idea that the board is discussing is to replace the current code lock with a
> lock system that would require a card for entru and to strengthen the gate
> closer to ensure that it closes every time. The only way in would be to have a
> card.
>
> One card would be issued to each house and it would be up to the resident to
> coordinate the card usage.
>
> This will not work though if people let unknown people into the pool area.
>
> It is not overly expensive, but was not budgeted for this year.
>
> Could everyone please give feedback regarding this idea?
>
> Will it work? Will you not let unauthorized people in? What do you think about
> limiting the number of guests allowed?
>
> Would you be willing for the board to approve using some reserve funds (approx
> $1000) to secure the pool or would you rather wait until another year to fund
> the project?
>
> All feedback and any other ideas are greatly appreciated.
>
> Roger Hackler
> Treasurer
> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

& gt; > In addition, the pool and bathrooms look great. Thank you
> > board and other volunteers for the work you do for our
> > neighborhood :)
> > Jennifer Martin
> > ESOL Instructor
> > White Elementary